Visualization and control in a single solution. LUMIA HMI + PLC is a compact device that integrates user interface, machine control cycle, and management of the axis movement. In this way, it supports the operational efficiency of production plants, making it ideal for various applications.
Architecture and benefits of LUMIA HMI + PLC
ESA’s LUMIA embedded controller stands out for its hardware architecture. Unlike similar products on the market, it is not limited to the installation of a PLC application on the motherboard. It features two different boards: one dedicated to processing the PLC control loop and one for visualization and remote maintenance and IIoT services. This makes it in effect a real PLC with dedicated hardware.
The PLC is pre-installed by ESA and complies with the IEC 61131 standard. Furthermore, it is possible to install the exclusive motion library developed by ESA, complying with the PLC Open standard part 1 and part 2. The user can thus implement and manage coordinated movement of both single and synchronized axes.
The ESA LUMIA PLC board is based on Raspberry architecture. This guarantees the continuous updating of the CODESYS runtime and the integration of the different field buses available for this standard architecture (Ethercat, Profinet, Ethernet Ip, Modbus TCP).
LUMIA HMI + PLC features
ESA LUMIA HMI + PLC includes the following functionalities and technical characteristics:
- Linux Debian 10 operating system
- Raspbian operating system
- 1 “, 15.6”, 21.5 “, 27” inch high resolution and high brightness wide screen display
- Full glass front with capacitive touch
- Rockchip RK3399 fanless 6 core processor
- Broadcom BCM2711 Cortex A72 Quad Core processor
- Integrated dual band wifi client (2.5GHz – 5GHz)
- Integrated dual band Wifi client / hotspot (2.5 GHz – 5GHz)
- 2 x LAN ports
- 1 x LAN port – ethercat master
- 2 x USB ports (1 x 3.0 and 1 x 2.0)
- 4 x USB ports (2 x 3.0 and 2 x 2.0)
- 2GB DDR4 + 4GB DDR4 RAM
- 16GB + 16GB internal memory
- Panel mounting with IP66 protection degree on the front
- VESA mounting with all around IP66 protection level
- Optional PBOX pushbutton bar (with connection at 120 ° – 180 °)
- Control panel for programming parameters without the need of accessing the operating system.
- Automatic display of web pages at product start-up
- The web page is displayed in full screen mode (KIOSK MODE) and the operator cannot access the operating system.