LUMIA1BOX is the new ESA embedded PLC designed to provide a high level of control and performance in a compact and resistant device. From remote control to integration with edgeHMIs, let’s discover the main features of this solution.
Embedded PLC, SoftPLC Codesys and ESA control panel
The ESA embedded PLC is designed to improve efficiency and productivity in multiple ways. In particular, LUMIA1BOX integrates all the essential functions for controlling a machine in a compact and easy-to-configure switchboard device. In addition to the CODESYS 3.5 SoftPLC runtime and the Debian 10 embedded Linux operating system already preloaded, the product features the ESA web control panel to facilitate complete programming. This control panel can also be accessed remotely via any compatible HTML5 browser. Furthermore, in combination with a LUMIA edgeHMI, it allows you to develop a completely web-based application that complies with the Industry 4.0 standard.
Among its main advantages, LUMIA1BOX allows you to:
- Fully control the machine cycle with an application compliant with the IEC 61131 standard.
- Use the CODESYS 3.5 development environment which has now become a de facto standard on the market.
- Manage the axes according to the PLC Open standard part 1 and part 2 with the ESA Motion Control library.
- Connect remote devices via different high performance field buses (Ethercat, Profinet, Ethernet Ip, Modbus TCP).
- Programming the operating parameters with extreme simplicity via the ESA Control Panel web application which can be managed with a simple HTML5 browser.
Technical characteristics of ESA LUMIA1BOX
- Raspbian operating system
- Cortex A72 4-core fanless processor
- Wi-Fi client and integrated hotspot (2.5 GHz – 5 GHz)
- 2 x LAN ports
- 2 x USB ports (2.0 and 3.0)
- RAM 2GB
- 16GB internal memory
- DIN rail mounting
- CODESYS runtime 3.5
- Library dedicated to ESA MC motion control
- Fieldbus Ethercat, Profinet, Ethernet Ip, Modbus TCP