ESA launched its new wireless access point, a robust, reliable, and competitive solution that provides stable wireless connectivity to industrial applications.
Benefits of ESA’s wireless access point
Within the machine panel, the ESA access point enables you to connect and use different devices with Wi-Fi connection. This promotes principles of Industry 4.0 such as IoT and digitalization.
2. Greater supervision
Thanks to this device, the operator can supervise the machine without constraints to a fixed position, but rather moving freely along the entire production line.
3. More control
The machine tablet does not connect like common mobile devices but is identified with a precise MAC address so as to be able to carry out control operations that would not be possible with a normal smartphone. Smartphones can connect to the access point but are labeled as “guest” devices and therefore do not have access to the privileges of the machine tablet.
4. Device for the start up of the line
During commissioning, the technician can move along the line or in the entire building and work in the vicinity of the device he is starting.
5. Greater flexibility and connection capacity
It is now possible to connect the machine as a Wi-Fi client to the factory mesh network. In addition, the ESA access point allows you to create a Wi-Fi connection between machines that are not physically connectable to each other. For example, machines that are in two different buildings without a common network.
ESA industrial access point features
Below are the main functionalities and features of our new industrial access point:
- Designed for 802.11 a/b/g/n networks.
- Configuration via webserver and management utility.
- 4 GHz frequency support.
- 5 GHz support to reduce interference on 2.4 GHz with other wireless devices.
- Client isolation.
- Different operating mode and topology options.
- FCC, ETSI, NCC certified wireless equipment.
- Industrial grade device designed for harsh environment.
- Security: encryption and virtual network segmentation.
- Integrated cybersecurity features (Access Control List, VPN to segment the network).
- Redundant power supply.