The fair for industrial automation and digital, held in Parma from 23 to 25 May 2023, concluded with excellent results. 38,713 visitors, 800 exhibitors and over 130 conferences, round tables and meetings organized in the five District 4.0 arenas. ESA was once again among the companies present to introduce some of its latest solutions for industrial automation.
Topics and focus of SPS Italia 2023
Organized by Messe Frankfurt, over the years the SPS Italia fair in Parma has become one of the most prestigious international events in the intelligent, digital and flexible industry sector.
Focus of the 2023 edition: sustainability, the role of man in the evolution of new technologies, and the relationship between artificial intelligence and ethics. Current topics of great interest, on which it was interesting to listen to the intervention of leading experts such as Federico Faggin, Bruno Siciliano, Marco Bentivogli, and many others.
“SPS Italia marks a growth in terms of visitors, which significantly exceeds the attendances of 2022. They were days of great excitement in the exhibition halls and conferences, starting with the opening plenary, packed and with guests of excellence. Satisfaction is especially due to the positive feedback from exhibitors and partners to whom our constant commitment is dedicated for the realization of a profitable appointment for the sector.” Donald Wich, CEO of Messe Frankfurt Italia.
Among the most noteworthy highlights held in the District 4.0 path, the Digital & Software area hosted industrial software suppliers who presented some of the most technologically advanced solutions in the sector. But not only that, additive manufacturing and sustainable production have also been at the center of events of great interest.
ESA solutions at SPS Italia 2023
The first of the ESA solutions presented at SPS Italia of which visitors were able to discover all the functions, is the KREO software for creating powerful, intuitive and web technology-based supervision applications using SVG graphics (objects convertible using Kreo SVG Converter).
Here are the main solutions:
- Custom pop_up keyboards, customizable both in terms of graphical interface and key mapping.
- Responsive pages
- Slideshow widget: compact menu for selecting pages with integrated management of swipe gestures.
- Scrollview widget: to define pages larger than the display that the customer can view using swipe gestures.
- VNC Widget: ability to insert page display in remote desktop.
- Online debugging of ST scripts in Structured Text.
- Object container that allows you to work on several graphic objects in parallel.
- Drag & drop of a data structure onto a composed graphic widget with automatic association of properties and methods.
The Parma fair was the ideal occasion to also present some of our new industrial devices, such as the new range of products with 4/3 displays. But not only:
- Lumia edgeHMI and webHMI with 7” high resolution display.
- Lumia ARM with arm mounting and internal cable passage.
- Modular hardware architecture: three basic components (coreboard, baseboard, container) allow you to create all configurations both on the x86 platform (PC based with W10 IoT) and embedded (Linux Debian).
- Dual Vesa bracket to mount two different products in a vertical and ergonomic position.
- Integrated KVM: the PC monitor connection can be made using a single ethernet cable which carries both the video signal and the touch screen. The monitor can be remoted up to a distance of about 100 meters.
- Monitor with Atex zone 2 certification and integrated KVM.
- Lumia PAC in both blind box and operator panel configuration with Ethercat and CANOpen fieldbus.
- New range of ESA I/O in modular or compact configuration, with hotplugin functionality for inserting and removing boards without removing power.
- Gateway for connection between IT network and OT network. It integrates firewall and network access control functions.
- New range of compact Lumia IPCs (Lumia MINI).
- New range of Lumia ROCK box PCs.