ESA’s EWDB synchronous servomotor guarantees dynamic performance and flexibility in various applications, from simple implementation functions to complex controls. With integrated drive control unit, it stands out for its compact design with decentralized drive that saves space and optimizes wiring on the machine.
Features of the EWDB synchronous servomotor
EWDB is based on motors with 60mm flange, torque from 0.7 to 1.3 Nm with or without integrated gearbox. Despite the thrust integration and on-board housing of the motor, which is typically a source of heat, the drive does not need to be downgraded in terms of performance or power output. In addition, the integrated feedback guarantees good speed accuracy and position control.
The EWDB synchronous servomotor features four IP65 industrial water-resistant connectors on the back, two at the top for fieldbus communication such as CANOpen or Profinet, and two at the bottom for I/O connections and power supply. While the low voltage power supply (from 24 to 60 Vdc) simplifies the structure of the axis connections. Finally, ESA has maximized the simplicity of commissioning thanks to the complete characterization of the motor.
Advantages of integrated motor + drive solutions in industry
Here are some of the main benefits of using synchronous servo motors like our EWDB.
- In synchronous servomotors, the torque always remains constant regardless of the loads. This is essential in some industrial applications.
- They are more efficient and suitable for interlocking applications.
- They are much more compact and easier to integrate.
Other technical specifications of the EWDB synchronous servomotor
- Feedback: absolute sinusoidal encoder single turn 512ppr
- Field bus: CAN DS402 or Profinet IO or ETHERNET IP
- 4 digital inputs
- Degree of protection: IP65
- Certification CE